What to expect when applying to a recruitment agency…
Many job seekers use online job boards as their primary means of finding employment opportunities. It may not occur to them to visit a recruitment agency; however, recruiters can play an important part in helping candidates find a role that fits their skill set, experience, interests and career goals.
If you’re curious about the process of registering with a recruitment agency, here is what you can expect when you visit the team at Platinum Personnel. Best of all, our services are FREE for job seekers.
How to Prepare
When you come to Platinum Personnel, make sure you are prepared:
- Bring your resume
- Bring contact information for 2-3 professional references
- We encourage you to dress like you would for a professional interview. First impressions count!
- Allow up to 2 hours for your visit
This is our standard process for meeting with new candidates.
- Register with our friendly administrative team who will collect your contact information and details about the type of work you are seeking (temporary or permanent).
- Meet with one of our inhouse recruiters who will review your resume with you and discuss your current and future career goals.
- If applicable to the type of work you are seeking, we will set you up in our computer lab to complete online testing related to the roles you wish to fill. For example: Microsoft Word, Excel, or Accounting Basics.
- We will review your test scores with you and answer any questions you may have.
- Our team will check your professional references to learn more about you and your experience.
- For permanent employment placements, we will contact you regarding available positions you may be suited to. If you have an interest in pursuing the role we will present you to the client for consideration and if they shortlist you we will then arrange for you to interview with them and will keep you updated throughout the hiring process.
- For temporary employment placements, we will provide you with an introductory package that outlines what you can expect while doing temporary work, payment processes, etc. When a temp assignment arises that could be a fit for you, we call you with the details to see if you’re available- assignments can range from days, to weeks, to months.
Our team is here to help every step of the way and we love meeting new candidates! If you’re ready for a new opportunity contact us today by phone, email, or a visit to our downtown Kelowna office.