Platinum Personnel have the privilege of supporting our prestigious client who believes in cultivating premium products starts from the ground up. From our expert production team to our executives, we work passionately to provide our customers with quality products that improve their lifestyles.
Our client has a unique and challenging work environment with exposure to a diverse range of cutting-edge technologies. They have a company culture that focuses not only on hard work, but also camaraderie, work-life balance, and having fun in all the things we do.
The Site Superintendent assists General Site Superintendent by overseeing the operations of a construction site, from planning to completion. Further, the Site Superintendent ensures compliance with applicable laws, supervising subcontractors, assist with responding to RFI’s, consulting with engineers and architects, assist in making schedules, ensure work being performed as per the specifications, and making sure projects are completed on time.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Organizes, coordinates, tracks and supervises the work of the subcontractors on construction projects
- Determines work priorities and coordinates work activities within the project scope of work
- Coordinates new construction, which involves scheduling meetings and reviewing project documents (e.g., contracts, specifications, blueprints) as necessary
- Collaborates with administrators on the supervision of all work operations
- Exercises control over rate of construction progress in order to complete construction project within time limits; schedules jobs and operations
- Estimates materials needed for specific jobs; estimates manpower needed for specific jobs
- Leads inspection and commission of day to day construction work to enforce conformity to specifications
- Acts as an adviser on job related problems
- Deals with individuals demanding information or service, such as agencies, department heads or others
- Performs other related duties as assigned
JOB SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Red Seal Trades Certificate with 10+ years of experience or University degree in engineering or a Construction Management degree is desired
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Superintendent in the construction industry
- Demonstrate project management expertise, supervisory skills, problem solving orientation, good communication skills, and teamwork.
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and structural systems
- Knowledge of building materials, tools, and machines
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications for building
- Proficient in Windows operating systems and associated software
- Experience working on smartphones and tablets
- Ability to work with numerous contractors and sub-contractors in an efficient manner
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- A competitive salary reflecting experience
- Participation in the employee benefit plans and programs generally made available to employees of the client company after the successful completion of a probationary period.
If this sounds like you perfect job then send a copy of your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject title “Site Superintendent”.