The Finance Clerk will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payables to individuals, suppliers, corporations, and other entities; performing various clerical and accounting tasks such as data management and maintaining legers and vendor accounts. The Finance Clerk is a contributing member of the accounting team and will also provide support to other roles within the department, such as Payroll and Accounts Receivable, as required.
Hours will be Monday-Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm. Parking will be provided. This is a temporary role for an unspecified duration (more details can be provided by the employer should you be selected to interview).
- Performing daily routines – checking email, responding to correspondence, prioritizing daily and weekly work assignments, managing timelines, data entry, obtaining proper approvals, consulting with managers and staff, cheque runs, filing, etc.;
- Data entry includes maintaining individual and vendor accounts and ensuring individual/vendor information is accurate and up to date, creating purchase orders, reviewing and posting invoices and company payments to general ledgers, ensuring accuracy of invoices and investigating/resolving discrepancies, ensuring expenditures are recorded accurately and within proper budgets;
- Processing weekly distribution (cheque runs) and direct deposits; ensuring the payables cycle and schedule are followed and maintained and all the proper approvals are in place and documented
- Processing the monthly income assistance and Post-Secondary distributions (cheque run and direct deposits) in collaboration with the Social Development and Education departments.
- Monthly reconciliation of ledgers and sub-ledgers as well as vendor accounts (reconciling to statements), posting adjustments and resolving errors/discrepancies.
- Ensuring the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records and maintaining filing systems to organizational standards.
- Consulting cash flow and ensuring payment distributions are aligned accordingly and forming payment strategies to make timely A/P payments and mitigate supplier objections.
- Adhere to all organizational policies and follow established procedures (Human Resources Manual and Financial Administration Law);
- Participate in required meetings providing input and recommendations;
- Cross-training in other functions of the finance department, such as Account Receivable and Payroll, to provide additional support, as well as coverage for vacation and sick leave purposes;
- Perform other accounting duties as assigned.
- Business Studies Certificate in Accounting
- Business Administration Diploma – Accounting Option
- Bookkeeping Certificate (Financial Accounting Levels 1 & 2)
- Two (2) year experience in accounting and/or financial field
- Experience with Xyntax Systems (accounting software) is an asset
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License
- Average to advanced computer proficiency and aptitude (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Competency using various computer software (specifically accounting software);
- Ability to pass criminal record check
Please send resume and professional references to [email protected] with the subject line “Finance Clerk- Penticton”