Our client is looking for an enthusiastic Wellness Programs Administrator that will be responsible for providing leadership and an operational management and coordination function to Wellness Program staff, to ensure effective contract management and the delivery of quality priority services to the members.
Under direction of the Wellness Manager and working collaboratively with the Wellness Policy Analyst, this critical position will oversee the ongoing growth, development and management of all Wellness Programs that currently consist of three clusters of Child & Family, Mental Health and Health Services. This position will furthermore be accountable for the delivery of timely quality specialist programs identified as priorities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume the delegated authority of a Team Lead for the Wellness Department including providing leadership of the staff and operational activity of the department to ensure all initiatives, programs and projects are accomplished as planned.
- Collaborate in the establishment of long term goals and objectives that will involve planning, setting of priorities and the development of policy and program work plans and milestones, including the delegation and supervision of Program and Project Coordinators as appropriate to their position levels.
- Within delegated authority manage contracts for service delivery, including the development for approval by the Wellness Manager, the budgets for programs and initiatives and liaison with Finance Department to ensure effective budget control and management.
- Develop and/or delegate funding proposals to further enhance service delivery in alignment with the approved strategy and priorities within the funding approval process.
- In collaboration with the Wellness Manager assume responsibility for hiring staff.
- Supervise Program staff including orientation, performance management, and compliance with labour legislation and policy and procedures.
- Provide technical support to the Wellness Manager, coordinate and provide technical program support and expertise to committees and working committees as delegated.
- Perform other duties as appropriate and required for this position.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a Degree in Business, Social Work or a related field. A Masters Degree is preferred.
- Must have five years of experience working in First Nations social and community development and/or health/wellness at a senior level, managing of implementing community programs or services.
- Five years senior experience in a related field, including planning and program service delivery is essential.
- Previous experience in working with MCFD, Ministry of Health, Health Authorities and/or the First Nation Health Authority is preferred.
- Previous experience in working with Indigenous communities is essential, including responsibility for developing and implementing services.
- Proven leadership skills including a minimum of five years managerial and budget management experience.
- Ability to multi-task and to work comfortably under stress with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated written (including reports and technical papers) and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Energetic, detailed and self motivated with demonstrated written, public speaking and presentations skills.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office suite.
- A reliable vehicle and a valid class 5 driver’s license..
- Criminal records check required.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours, which will include evenings and weekends.
- Aboriginal ancestry preferred.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week.