Our Client is a leader in the Development and construction of Award winning, Multi-family homes and commercial properties in Kelowna. They build more than just homes – they build planned communities where every detail is carefully considered with the customer in mind.
To meet expanding project demands, we are seeking an experienced, LEED oriented Project Coordinator to join our team. The role offers professional challenge, a positive work environment, competitive compensation and potential for career progression. Reporting to the project manager, the successful candidate coordinates the review, organization and documentation of various sustainable construction certification programs, focused mainly on LEED documentation submissions, approvals and distribution to stake holders. The position is responsible for overall administration and supports the project manager and Site Superintendent on one or more projects. Duties include:
- Reviewing plans, Specifications and submitting for sustainability compliance
- Maintaining documentation and keeping detailed records
- Staying ahead of changing regulations and requirements
- ensuring trades and site personnel have the most current drawings and specifications
- Issuing Requests for Information and Tracking/ Communicating responses or changes
- Assisting Site Superintendent in ensuring inspections are up to date.
- Issuing commitments, change orders and purchase orders signed by Project Manager
- Tracking subcontract progress for payment approval and organizing/coding invoices.
- Collect Worksafe BC clearance letters and certificates of insurance from trades.
- Ensuring master schedule posted on site and is up to date.
- Taking site progress photos weekly.
- Completing trade/consultant meeting minutes in detail in a timely manner.
Requires a degree or diploma in a relevant field, a minimum two years related experience and knowledge of estimating ( or has completed MG’s internal training). Gold Seal Certification is an asset. Concrete hi-rise construction experience and LEED/green accreditation would also be beneficial. The Project Coordinator must be:
- Knowledge in Multi-family residential construction
- Highly organized and a proactive problem-solver
- An Excellent Communicator able to meet commitments, multi-task and work efficiently
- Able to work with Ms Office, Microsoft Project, Procore and timberline software.
- A self-starter with good follow-through and able to take direction well
- Supportive of green building and sustainable construction practices.
- Familiar with Green rating Certification programs (LEED for homes, LEED Midrise, REAP)