Our Client is located in Kelowna, BC and is looking for a Career focused individual who is a red seal Millwright with a 4th Class Power Engineering ticket to join their team.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Repairs and maintenance to all mechanical equipment;
- operation, repair, and maintenance of plant services such as hot water boilers and refrigeration equipment.
- Operation and maintenance of plant utility equipment including air compressors, hot/cold water systems, glycol systems, HVAC, compressed gasses, fire suppression systems, pumps, and effluent.
- Participate in the planning and construction of plant projects and preventative maintenance initiatives with other members of the maintenance department.
- Proactively support Packaging/Maintenance team in responding to time-sensitive issues.
- This position may be the responsible ticket holder and key contact to the B.C. Safety Authority. Any other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Applicants must have a 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate combined with a Red Seal Millwright Certificate.
- Applicants will require at least five years experience in the operation, repair, and maintenance of a manufacturing plant including steam generation, refrigeration, air compressors, and process control equipment. HRAI environment awareness for CFC/HCFC/HFC control with the understanding of and ability to adhere to HACCP requirements and the GMP policy.
- Must be self-motivated and organized.
- Excellent communications and computer skills are required.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and preference for a team-oriented approach are desirable attributes.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. Shift work is required in this role.
- it is a unionized position that requires shift work.