Our client, a local Kelowna Winery, is seeking motivated General Labourers /Crush Temps for Seasonal positions to work in their Cellar Department (August to December 2017).
Reporting to the Cellar Manager/Supervisor, and working in a team environment, these successful candidates will be responsible for the general labour and harvest duties on the crush pad.
You will be working primarily in the grape processing area (mostly outside) for cellars during vintage and include but are not limited to:
- Forklift work loading and unloading trucks with grape bins (empty and full), washing and re-stacking bins
- processing grapes (includes dumping grapes into hoppers, cleaning bins, re-stacking bins, preparing and making additions to the grapes, presses, tanks, juice, etc)
- moving pumps and hoses, hooking them up and pumping product
- moving bags of additives (up to 50 lb each)
- cleaning & sanitizing equipment (presses, pumps, bins, de-stemmer/crusher, tanks, tubs, etc)
- confined space entry work
- shoveling out grape skins from tanks
- Other related duties as assigned by the Cellar Manager.
- Grade 12 with previous experience working in a winery during harvest in a fast paced demanding physical environment
- forklift experience and/or forklift certification is desirable.
- Have good mathematical skills
- Attention to detail
- Mechanical aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Actively support and promote a culture focused on Health and Safety environmental enhancement as well
- adhere to HACCP requirements and the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- willing to work all shifts (day, afternoon or night shifts)
- work under minimal supervision
- Capable of performing all duties with a sense of urgency and with a positive, team oriented approach.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Work will involve some heavy lifting and working in cold, damp conditions, and sometimes at heights.
- The successful applicant should be able to work effectively with Cellar Manager, Cellar Supervisors, Winemakers, and co-workers to maximize safety, quality, and efficiency initiatives.