To Meet expanding project demands, we are seeking an experienced Estimator to join our team. The role offers professional challenge, a positive work environment., competitive compensation and potential for career progression. Reporting to the General Manager, Construction, the successful candidate will develop project budgets for Developing proformas and construction budgets. the Estimator will also be responsible for all administrative and coordination duties required to complete a tender submission. This position may require travel for site visits.
- Maintain log of suppliers, equipment rental rates and qualified subcontractors
- Review contract terms and conditions to ensure clarity and avoid unforeseen costs
- Upload drawings/Specifications to FTP site for sub-trade use during bidding conditions that may affect construction methods and costs
- Submit Requests for information to owner for further clarification as needed
- Submit a Request for Bid form to all qualified sub trades
Ideally will have a Construction/Engineering Degree, or a combination of technical training and an alternate Degree, proficiency in estimating software, and a minimum of five years experience in estimating. gold seal or other industry recognized certifications would be beneficial. Computer skills, ability to work under pressure, proficiency in reading drawings, specifications and tender documents. plus previous experience in multi-family, wood-frame and concrete hi rise construction is required. if you are personable, get along with others and have a strong work ethic, we’d like to hear from you.