BigSteelBox – Canada’s most diversified shipping container company – is looking for a full-time Accounts Receivable Clerk, to work at the Corporate Office in Kelowna.
This is a full-time position Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm starting as soon as possible. Salary is dependent on experience, benefits will be provided after 3 months and overtime may be required.
Working under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for providing clerical services & performing administrative duties for BigSteelBox Accounts Receivable department. In addition to the administrative tasks of the department, the Accounts Receivable Clerk will have some customer facing duties and will assist in other areas of the Finance team when needed. The Accounts Receivable Clerk will promote and present a positive, professional image of BigSteelBox.
With a network of locations across Canada, BigSteelBox services both residential and commercial customers. The company has three dynamic business streams – residential moving and storage; construction and commercial storage; and structures (workforce housing and modifications for industrial use), BigSteelBox has its head office in Kelowna, BC and has 18 full service locations across Canada
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Recognized diploma or certificate in accounting and or business
- Equivalent accounting / accounts receivable experience will also be considered
- One or more years of work experience required however additional training will be provided
- Excellent Computer/Communication skills: Phone, Email, Outlook, Word, & Excel
- Bank deposits
- Assisting with obtaining credit references
- Drafting collections letters
- End of day credit card batch settlements
- Process renewal of yearly rentals
- Process credits and refunds
- Respond to customer & internal staff invoice/billing related inquiries via email and or phone
- Email, fax or mail copies of invoices to customers as required
- Maintain accurate records & secure files
- Maintain personal office space in an orderly & clean manner
- Demonstrate a positive work ethic, attitude & professional image to all
- Update customer information as required
- Perform other duties as required
REQUIRED SKILLS/CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Accountability – Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work
- Adaptability – Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies and requirements
- Analytical Thinking – Applies systematic, logical reasoning when addressing problems
- Communication – Expresses and transmits information verbally and written, with consistency and clarity.
- Decision Making – Makes concrete, well-informed and thought out decisions that support the overall organization.
- Networking and Relationship Building – Effectively builds constructive, friendly, professional relationships with customers and colleagues
- Planning and Organizing – Accurately estimates duration and level of difficulty of tasks and projects, setting out goals and objectives and work plans to complete.
- Problem Solving – Uses logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solution.
- Results Orientation – Possesses the ability to focus on desired outcomes, and the means by which they are achieved,
- Service Orientation – Provides superior service to both internal and external customers.
- Teamwork – Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates actively in group activities fostering a team environment.
HOW TO APPLY
No phone calls please. Please email your resume and cover letter for attention Heather at Platinum Personnel email@example.com.
Please attach your cover letter & resume as one document. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.