FINANCE & ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Outline of the Role: Your goal in this position is to lead and develop the finance and accounting department while ensuring accuracy and compliance for all monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting. You will be responsible for managing and overseeing daily financial operations, monitoring and analyzing accounting data, producing financial statements and reports and establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles. This key position in the organization will drive the evolution and strengthening of the financial systems and processes. You’ll provide financial oversight and keep the studio managers and executive team up to date on our financial performance with timely and informative reporting.
Attitude and Personality: You’re bright and knowledgeable, with a mind for entrepreneurial business and the tenacity to succeed. You’re looking for the perfect opportunity to make a big impact with your exceptional skills in finance and accounting and your dedication to precision. You work independently, and can effectively problem solve and make decisions, but most importantly you’ll bring experience, confidence, and expertise … which is why you’d be great in this role.
- You enjoy collaborating with a diverse team and are highly organized and efficient
- Passionate about developing standards, analyzing information, and dealing with complexity
- Motivated to learn and adapt with the ability to thrive in the ever-changing technology industry.
We’re looking for a vibrant team player to take the Finance & Accounting department to the next level. If you have passion and expertise in accounting, financial analysis and reporting, we can’t wait to talk to you about an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career!
Requirements and Experience: ● CPA designation, or working towards certification
- 7+ years experience in finance and accounting
- 2+ years leadership experience with the ability to guide others
- Experience in strategic analysis and formulating business plans and reports
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures, as well as relevant payroll and tax legislation
- Experience managing intercompany transactions and service agreements
- Proficient with accounting software from recording transactions and reconciliations to design and set-up of new corporations, chart of accounts and financial statements
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with extensive working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight for all financial transactions including accounts payable, e-commerce payments and reporting, payroll and general ledger entries
- Collaboratively develop standards, processes and reporting of revenues to publishing partners
- Assist with SR&ED and BCDIMTC reporting with external accountants and internal team leads
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial reporting
- Preparation of quarterly departmental financial statements with analysis of actual to budget
- Continually improve budgeting and forecasting analysis to assist in decision making
- Manage banking requirements, including monitoring and overseeing cash flow
- Oversee year end transactions and liaise with external accounting firm for tax preparation
- Support studio managers and executive team with ad hoc analysis and reporting as required
Compensation package: ● Competitive salary
- Awesome Health Benefits Package
- Generous paid time off
- Annual self development budget for annual dues, conferences, courses, training, etc.